One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

So my friend Daniel had started a blog the other day and I thought that it sounded like such a great idea that I would start one too. Just like everything else in my life I put the thought on the back burner and continued on with my day. Then this morning I wake up to the news that terrorists set off bombs in London during the rush hour commute and I started thinking about all the many things I have put on that back burner for a better day, or a day less busy. Then I decided that I would start a new way thinking by not putting anything off by starting a blog. Hey, gotta take things slow make baby steps. I am the queen of putting things off!

I am really saddened today about the news of the terrorist attacks in London. My heart goes out to the families of those who were injured or killed. This insanity has to stop. Why don't the terrorists realize that when they do things like this our resolve to catch them and to get rid of them becomes that much stronger. They have not changed one thing they have wanted to change or one goal except kill innocent people who have very little to do with the decision process. You would think that common sense would say to they terrorists, hey this is not working. Then again I am not a terrorist and that is probably why I do not understand the logic in blowing things up to make my point in the first place. Let us hope that the number of casualties is low resulting from these attacks, although just one casualty is one to many.

Well, this is my first post and hopefully will keep up with this on a daily basis. I am a very opinionated person and need a vehicle to express myself, plus I love to hear the sound of my own voice and even though this is written text, it works just the same to me! With continued hope - Mel

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Daniel Vickers said...

I agree with your assessment! Here, here!

I also think we need to look at the root of terrorism and where this animosity grows from. We need to find a way to make terrorism an unattractive option...kind of like Paris Hilton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home