One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Friday, July 08, 2005

To start off, I have to give a big WOW to London. I finally got home and was able to watch the news and see that "highlights" (more like lowlights) from the attacks yesterday, and I was amazed to see how calm everyone was. The walked in almost single file lines out of the underground. Those who were hurt waited patiently for there turn to be treated by the medics on the scene. The interviewed people who told what they had saw down there and they were calm and very clear about everything that had just happened to them. It was really nice to see. That had such grace under fire. I wonder if I could have had such grace. I probably would have wound up on the news as the crazy American pushing and shoving while I was running and screaming to try and get out. I would like to think though that I could have the calmness to stop and analyze the situation and help get others to safety without totally loosing it. Who knows, I hope I never have the chance to find out.

I am pretty excited that Hurricane Dennis does not look like a threat of any kind to me here in south Florida. It is such a pain to put up the hurricane shutters and to take them down again. I hope that since this hurricane season has started off with a bang it means it will fizzle soon, and our peak is not that bad. The thing I wonder most about in hurricane season is, why do they always happen in the middle of the night or on a weekend. Just once I would like to get a few days off of work, and be able to sleep at night and not have to worry about the weather outside.

Well that should be it for today, unless I think of something worthwhile to write about. With continued hope - Mel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home