One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Everyday I realize that I work with some real winners in my office, if nothing else they do create some funny moments around the office. Everyday at about 1:00pm I make a new pot of coffee for those who need that afternoon pick me up. I do not drink coffee but as I am the office manager, I make sure that the coffee drinkers have there fill of caffeine. Well today at about 12:45 I hear "C" go into the back and put her Lean cuisine in the microwave as she does everyday. Now "C" has never made coffee here nor has she even at least offered, but today she must have been feeling generous. "C" works for the main partner of the firm and acts like the Queen Bee she thinks she is. I know she decided to make coffee because I can hear the coffee grinder while sitting at my desk. I wait about 2 minutes and I decide to make my way to the back to see if she needs any help and mainly just to see with my own eyes that she actually was making the coffee. As I am getting ready to turn the corner I can hear her scream so I pick up the pace. I enter the breakroom and she sees me and is yelling "Make it stop, make it stop" The coffee is no longer dripping into the pot but rather it is flowing out of the compartment where the grinds are. I yell at her to turn the power off, but before I can get it all out the coffee maker starts sparking and then smoke comes out. I finally shut it off and I go to unplug it when the microwaved then makes a loud popping noise and sparks and smoke comes pouring out of it. See "C" was still microwaving her Lean cuisine when this was going on. I could have DIED! I didn't though! Needless to say we now have a broken microwave, coffee maker, and the outlet does not work anymore. Coffee was everywhere and it took a good 45 minutes to clean everything up. Upon inspection of the caffee maker she had put in way too many grinds and it clogged the opening. Point of this lovely adventure I had today, if you don't enjoy helping out around the office and haven't in the two years you have worked there don't start with coffee, try something safe like getting the mail! With continued hope - Mel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home