One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Everyday it becomes more apparent that people have forgotten all about common courtesies. The simple words please, excuse me, sorry, and thank you have all but left the English language. Someone call Mr. Webster and tell him to remove those words from his dictionaries! I went to Disney this past weekend when I realized just how much we have forgotten about these courtesies and have not taught our children the effect of these simple words. I was bumped into 6 times in one day at Disney. Out of those six none of them said excuse me or sorry. One was a boy about 10 years old and he was running backwards when he ran into me. Not only did his parents not make him apologize or yell and him for doing this, they laughed really hard at the fact he bulled me over. I can not tell you how many kids I heard saying give me that, now! I never heard a parent correct the kids by telling them please is a better way to ask for something. They even bought them the items that they demanded, and you guessed it, it was not followed by a thank you! I am begging and pleading with you folks, please bring back please, thank you, excuse me, and sorry back into our everyday life. Thank you! With continued hope - Mel.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Daniel Vickers said...

Lazy parenting is producing generations of ungrateful, unfriendly kids that have a sense of entitlement. They feel that they deserve whatever it is that they want without working for it. They also have no sense of personal space or how their actions affect others. It is a sad commentary on our society.

Bring back spanking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home