One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Friday, August 05, 2005

I decided today for lunch I would go to Sweet Tomatoes to eat and grab a salad and some chicken noodle soup. I finished my lunch (which by the way was not very good) and headed outside to go to my car. I was approached by a little old lady who said hello. I, of course said hello back and asked her if she was having a good day. She responded with the usual pleasantness and then pointed out that is was going to rain and to make sure I had an umbrella. I told her I had one in the car. Then she looked at me and told me I was a nice young lady. I thanked her and then noticed her nurse or "helper" was coming and went to tell her goodbye, when she started talking again, I listened so I could quickly respond because now it was getting late and I had to get back to work. Just then she asked me if I had pride in myself, at which point I just sort of stared at her. She proceeded to tell me to have more pride in myself, to which I said excuse me. She them told me that I should put some lipstick on, that young ladies who have pride in themselves NEVER leave the house without lipstick on. Now her nurse stepped in and apologized and told me she does this all the time and she is so sorry. But what I would like to know what does lipstick have to do with pride in oneself. I had a really cute outfit and and actually did my hair today, I did and do have pride in myself, even though I typically only wear lipstick at night. After the nurse told me she was sorry they walked away. I got into my car started it, put my seatbelt on, looked in the review mirror, grabbed my purse, put on lipstick, and drove away. With continued hope - Mel

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Dan Banks said...

I can see the advertisements now:
What color is your pride? Maybe it's Maybeline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home