One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

So I just logged on to get my email when I came across an article about a college girls lacrosse team visiting the White House. There was a picture attached and 9 out of the 11 girls in the front row were wearing flip flops! OMG! You are one of the most historical and important places in the good ole' US of A and meeting (like him or not) the President and you say "Huh these brown flip flops really look cute with this outfit, I think I'll wear these."! In the article it says about how all the parents are mortified about the girls wearing the shoes. I realize this is summer, and there is a time and a place for everything. Flip flops were made for the beach or a casual night out or a trip to the mall, NOT for business attire and definitely NOT for meeting the President. I believe it is disrespectful and lacking of common sense. These girls defend the wearing of the flip flops saying they were not the "beach" kind. Who cares they were FLIP FLOPS. Oh, and to all those girls on that lacrosse team, when you graduate from college and you get a job, your boss is not going to appreciate you wearing flip flops to the office. They might just fire you! You can find the article here: http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/3771256With continued hope -Mel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home