One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Ok, so I am not married and I don't have any kids, just so you know. I hate summertime. What is it about June and July and the amount of weddings that are performed and the amount af babies that are born. I have now attended three weddings and two baby showers and I am flat broke. You can't go to a wedding without either putting a $100 bill in the card or spending about that much on a gift. I go to these weddings by myself, shell out all this money on a gift and a new dress, for what a crappy meal at some hotel that is cold by the time I get it. It is cold because I am sitting in the back of the room with the other rejects who couldn't get a date. As I look around this table of rejects I can understand why they are sitting there, but not so much why I am at the table. I think I am a cute girl with a lot to offer. I wind up going home, alone, feeling dejected. Oh and then comes the baby showers, which you wouldn't think would be that bad. Usually, it is just ladies and you would think there is no way to feel dejected or rejected here. Wrong! Mothers of your friends want to know why i am not married and why don't I have any children. They remind me that I am not getting any younger and it only gets harder with age to "secure" a man, let alone get pregnant. So I have purchased about a $100 - $150 gift to be told that I am growing up to be an old hag. My kind of party! I think I am going to start coming up with excuses as to why I can't come to such a "blessed" event or I can pull a Carrie in Sex in the City and register for a new pair of shoes, because correct me if I am wrong, a new pair of expensive shoes can cure anything. Its better than ice cream! With continued hope - Mel.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Daniel Vickers said...

Ok, 150$ on a gift? You are definitely on the guest list for my commitment ceremony!

This is what you get for living in South Florida. Ask any 20something in DC to bring a 150$ gift to a wedding or shower and, unless they are society, they will look at you like you're crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home