One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I have decided that maybe I should just stay in for lunch, it is a lot safer that way. I decided I would go to Chili's for lunch today, even though it is not a favorite of mine. I walk in the door and the hostess askes "How many today?" I reply with just one. She repeats quizzically, just one? Just one, I repeat. She then gets on her headset and asks whoever is on the other end "Where do we seat parties of one?" Has this never happened there before, is it a crime to eat lunch by oneself?! A man (who she was talking to on the headset) comes over grabs a menu and seats me at this little two person table. He couldn't just drop the menu and be on his merry way, no, he has to add this table is plenty big for just one! Then the waitress comes. She asks me if I would like anything to drink while I am waiting for the "other" person to arrive. I told her I wasn't waiting for anyone and it was just one today. She cocks her head to the side with that puzzled look and blurts out just one? At this point I could say no more other than to just place my order. I can't get over ALL of there reactions to me eating alone, I didn't think anything about it as I eat lunch alone everyday of the week. Chili's on the other hand has some weird thing about people eating alone. I won't be dining there anytime soon!

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Daniel Vickers said...

Sounds like you need a Plus one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home