One Girls View

Here it goes, my views, what I think about whats going on in the world, and everyday run of the mill thoughts. Who knows this might become one of your fav places to visit on the internet!

Monday, September 12, 2005

In my never a dull moment kind of life, I have added another reason why I HATE Miami to my list. In March of 2003, I received a speeding ticket. I was on the way to my best friends surprise engagement party and I was as usual running late. I was going 85 in a 70, but honestly I was keeping up with traffic not setting the pace. I was pulled over and rightfully so. The cop was so nice he said that he was moving to Orlando in a week and I could take that any way I wanted to. I took it as hey, fight the ticket, the cop won't show, I get off. So I immediately fill out the form and submit it to the County Clerks office. I wait 30 days and I hear nothing. I then decide to call the 800 number on the citation and have them search the ticket. They say it is not in their system. I call back in another 30 days and still nothing, no ticket in their system. I call back around 90 days after that and they have nothing for me. No court date, no money owed, nothing! The gentleman told me that because they write a ton of traffic tickets a day sometimes they don't get imputed into the system by mistake. He said it happens more times than he can admit to. Also, if there is no records of it within 60 days of the issuance of the ticket it is null and void - due process. I think sweet, I beat a ticket and didn't even have to do anything!. Now in July I had to renew my license and in the back of my mind I was thinking about this ticket. They DMV says nothing license is still good and they issue me my renewal. Then yesterday I sit down to go through my bills. I receive a collection notice from the Miami-Dade clerk of the court for $288.00 in court fees!. I go online type in all the information and bingo there it is. In December of 2003 there was a court date on my ticket. The office and myself are both listed as no shows. They through out the ticket, but I still owed the $288.00 in court fees. I am so pissed off. I did was I was supposed to, by calling on the ticket. Trying to get it all taken care of. Now it is to, late I have to pay this obscene amount and be on my merry way. With continued hope - Mel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home